The Bible teaches that we should be baptized in water in the name of the Father, the Son and of the Holy Spirit. We believe in water baptism because Jesus himself modeled it for us. In the book of Luke it says, "When all the people were baptized, Jesus was baptized too. As he was praying, heaven was opened." Luke 3:21
- Baptism is an outward confession of an inward decision.
- Baptism is a command. Everyone who confesses Christ should be baptized.
- Baptism comes from the word “baptize” which means to immerse.
- Baptism represents a burial of the old way of life and mindset.
- Baptism is not a prerequisite to salvation.
- Baptism doesn’t get you to heaven... it announces to your friends you are headed to heaven.
Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit
Peter replied, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.
We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life.